Funday / FUNDAY彙編整理 2011/09/22


 


(健康)控制膽固醇的簡單方法
(Health) Simple Solutions To Keep Your Cholesterol In Check



隨著年紀增長,人們就會越關心健康議題,如高膽固醇等。
The older we get, the more concerned we are with health issues such as high cholesterol.



膽固醇是一種聚積在心臟和血液裡的脂肪,過多的膽固醇會導致心臟相關疾病和可能的心臟病。
Cholesterol is a type of fat that collects in your heart and blood, and too much of it can lead to heart disease and possibly a heart attack.



所幸,這裡有幾則方法可以維持低膽固醇。
Luckily, there are easy ways to keep your cholesterol levels low.



添加像是堅果、葡萄柚、康柯特葡萄、黑巧克力和燕麥(燕麥餅乾也算,只是須注意糖份添加量!)等食物,皆可幫助降低壞的膽固醇(低密度脂蛋白)與提升好的膽固醇(高密度脂蛋白)
Adding foods such as nuts, grapefruit, concord grapes, dark chocolate, and oatmeal (cookies do count- just check the amount of sugar, though!) all help to lower bad cholesterol (LDL) or raise good cholesterol (HDL).



飲用蔓越莓果汁與攝取含鈣的補給品也可顯著增加高密度蛋白。
Drinking cranberry juice and taking calcium supplements also increased HDL significantly.



以魚代替肉類好處多,成為大部分(或是全)素食者能夠大幅改善,如同在Toronto的研究指出,當地男性大量減少肉類攝取量僅一個月可降低其低密度脂蛋白達百分之30
Replacing meat with fish showed great benefits, and becoming mostly (or completely) vegetarian can make an enormous difference, as a study in Toronto suggested, where men who cut back drastically on meat lowered their LDL by almost 30% after only a month!



對話範例
Dialogue Example:
(
膽固醇) (Cholesterol)


 


JanetPeter是對夫妻。


Janet and Peter are a married couple.


 


Janet一直在找尋如何控制他們的膽固醇方法並且和Peter分享她所發現的。


Janet has been researching how to keep their cholesterol down and shares what she found with Peter.


 


一起來聽聽看他們的對話吧。
Let's listen to their conversation.



Janet:
我找到一些有關降低我們膽固醇指數十分有趣的建議。
Janet: I found some really interesting advice about lowering our cholesterol levels.



Peter:
真的?像是什麼?
Peter: Really? Like what?



Janet:
增加腿部肌肉和活動下肢可以增加好的膽固醇指數。
Janet: Building your leg muscles and exercising your lower body increases “good”
cholesterol levels.



Peter: 有趣。我知道運動且增加肌耐力是有幫助的,但是我不知道運動身體的哪個部分有差別。


Peter: Interesting. I knew that exercise and building your endurance really helped, but I didn't realize what part of your body you exercised mattered.


 


你還有找到其他的嗎?
What else did you find?



Janet:
一天吃六小餐比吃兩三個大餐還要好。


Janet: Eating six small meals a day is better than two or three big meals.


 


讓胃不淨空不只對新陳代謝有害,也會增加壞的膽固醇。
Letting your stomach get empty is not only bad for your metabolism, it raises bad cholesterol, too.



Peter:
怎麼樣稱得上小餐”?


Peter: What counts as a “small meal?


 


白天我可沒有那麼多時間可以常常吃東西。


I don't have much time during the day to eat that often.



Janet:
你可以吃一些堅果或一顆葡萄柚,甚至燕麥餅乾也行。
Janet: Well, you can have some nuts, or a grapefruit, and even oatmeal cookies!



Peter:
燕麥餅乾嗎?這聽起來是我能輕鬆辦得到的調適。


Peter: Oatmeal cookies, huh? Well, that sounds like an adjustment I can easily make.


http://times.hinet.net/times/article.do?newsid=6148872&option=recreation


 

arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    馬汀林 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()